COVID-19 Updates from us.
24th September 2020
Following the latest government update, from the 24th September 2020, the following laws are in place:
- You must now wear a face covering when entering the restaurant. This can be removed when you are sat at the table, but must be put back on when using the toilets, going outside for a comfort break and leaving the restaurant.
- We can only provide table service, this includes guests sitting in our outside seating area. Please do not approach the bar to place any orders, as you will be asked to go back to your table or to wait at the entrance door if sitting outside.
The new rules above are in addition to current rules and laws in place. We will be continuing to make contact details for at least one member of your part and sitting groups of six or less only. Groups of more than six will be unable to dine with us at this time.
9th September 2020
Following the governments announcement on 9th September 2020, we can confirm that:
- We are now unable to sit groups of more than six guests. We will be abiding by the laws set out and will not be able to split larger groups over separate tables. Please note that if you are a group of more than six, you will be refused a table.
- We will be continuing to ask for your contact details when visiting our restaurant. This requirement has now become the law. If you refuse to give your details, or are known to give false information, you will be refused a table
25th June 2020
We are back open!
Following the latest government update, we are excited to announce that we will be opening our doors to you Saturday 4th July – we cannot wait to see you all!
We have been working hard to ensure our restaurant is safe for our team and guests, whilst adhering to government guidelines. We have:
- Changed the layout of the tables to ensure social distancing can be met
- Introduced a take away service so you can still enjoy your favourite Charnallies dish from the comfort of your own home
Things will also be different when you come to visit us:
- Booking your table in advance is preferred; however, we will of course welcome walk-ins if we have the required space. Please note that we will still need to take your contact details
- We have designated doors for entering and exiting the restaurant and ask you to wait at the door to be seated by a member of our team. We have also added hand sanitiser stations at both doors
- All guests will be seated for table service only – this means we can avoid groups of people at the bar
- A hand sanitising station is available at the entrance to the toilets
- All payments are to be made at the table and contactless payment is preferred. We have increased the amount to £45
- Our tables will not be pre-laid to reduce unnecessary transmission
- We will have fewer staff to allow for less contact with people outside of your household/bubble
- An even higher level standard of cleaning by our team has been put in place
Although we are having to make a number of changes, please be assured that you will still get the same five star service and food that you always have when you visit Charnallies.
If you feel unwell, have a persistent cough, have been in contact with anyone who has COVID-19, a temperature of 37.8 or higher, a loss or change in taste and/or smell, please do not visit the restaurant. Please call us on 01255 688655 to cancel your booking and we can rebook you in for a meal 14 days later or when you are feeling better.
Book your table now!
Fancy a table? Book a table at Charnallies easily in moments by using our online reservations form.